carols

book reviews forevermore

Goodreads refugee and wordpress blogger

― Voltaire

Daily Update

It is heading into the fun part of the Wisconsin year, the months when we can be outside, gardening, biking, and just enjoying the feel of sun on my skin. With that in mind, I've been thinking about how I've been balancing between three booksites, and it just isn't easy to keep up. I remain at GR for friends, group reads, and the data base, but I'm less and less interested in maintaining my profile there. I'm rather tired of the trolls, the spam, and I've lost trust that they have any integrity. At the same time, as Leafmarks has grown, they've made huge improvements in speed, feed, and database, so I'll likely be spending the majority of my bookish time over there. Emily and Jacquie have been amazingly responsive, which adds to the personal feel. BL just doesn't work for me as much as it could. Groups never took off, organizing shelving and editing old reviews just isn't as seamless as I would hope. I'll be around BL, just not very much.