carols

book reviews forevermore

Goodreads refugee and wordpress blogger

― Voltaire

Magic Breaks
Ilona Andrews
The Golem and the Jinni: A Novel
Helene Wecker
Time Travelers Strictly Cash - Spider Robinson Short shorts that play around with some of the classic concepts of sci-fi fiction. Perhaps my favorite of the series, but be warned: puns happen more frequently than just Punsday Night."Fivesight" about a woman who's husband could see negative events three hours into the future. One of the few Callahan bar stories that is told by a woman. It works well, achieving a quite poignant tone with a twist."Dog Day Evening" happens on Tall Tales Night, but puns also seem to be part of the agenda. A human and a dog walk into a bar... and it's a sci=fi twist what happens next, but safe to say it involves a time-traveling Temporal Agent. I enjoyed it."Have You Heard the One...?" was Tale Tales Night again, and an intergalactic traveling salesman steals the show. Almost literally. Another fun twist."Mirror, Mirror off the Wall" is another sci-fi thought experiment on closely aligned worlds. A little confusing.