carols

book reviews forevermore

Goodreads refugee and wordpress blogger

― Voltaire

The Wise Man's Fear - Patrick Rothfuss Initial thoughts: very absorbing as usual. Loving how Rothfuss handles the switch from Kote to Kvothe. I've just reached the part where he takes his sea journey and drops the 'arrived broke and in rags' bomb without any details. Like the trial, apparently Kote is just going to skip over events he doesn't feel like telling. I understood his explanation for the trial, but I can't help thinking the sea voyage section is just Rothfuss screwing with his readers. . Especially where Kote states it isn't to the point of the story: it lead me to wonder what, exactly, is the point of the story? Not a good question to be coming up in an epic fantasy.Finished now. Could have lived without the teenage sex fantasy segment; I'm not sure what prompted Rothfuss to put it in, except part of building a legend? Very mixed feelings about it; it says something about either myself or Rothfuss when the most interesting part of a sex-fest in fae is a demonic tree. I also remain annoyed by Denna the Untouchable. Eh. Enough. Have at it.